In conjunction with the skills and missions of local development stakeholders, the Syndicate acts to ensure:
• steering and leading territorial strategies or dynamics,
• improvement, enhancement and transmission of knowledge * (studies, monitoring, resources, educational contents, etc.),
• networking of actors and facilitation of public/private cooperation and partnerships with all sectors, incl. educational sector,
• developing direct operations as a contracting authority or delegated contracting authority (carried out under management or outsourced),
• application for procedures (calls for projects, contracts, etc.) allowing the capture of resources for the territory to reinforce our actions
• project support (expertise, technical or financial engineering) contributing to the territorial project within the framework of partner contracting authorities.
• promotion of the territory in accordance with the objectives of the territory projects and the values of the “Grands Sites de France”.
• public information and awareness (residents, users and visitors).
The Syndicat gathers 62 members (60 municipalities, Province and National Forest Office) and employs 10 persons, around which gravitate a multitude of private, public, associative
or individual partners concerned by one of the following themes linked to the sustainable development project of our territory:
• the landscape enhancement of perspectives and points of view, landscaping improvement work, rationalization of signage, …,
• the natural heritage: fauna, flora, geology, natural areas, agro-environmental practices, etc., for knowledge purposes, management and promotion
• the cultural heritage: vernacular, industrial, mining, pastoral heritage, etc., for knowledge, management and promotion purposes
• roaming and outdoor activities: practice sites, routes, activities, sector, accommodation, …,
• the tourism sector: tourism promotion, tourism development, qualification of the offer, promotion of local products and local know-how, …,
• the flow management: signage, traffic plan, flow observations via eco-meters, etc.